Ep 21 – How Can God Allow People To Go To Hell?
1. What is hell like?
- Absence of Good (except existence)
- CCC 1035 The chief punishment of hell is eternal separation from God
2. How can a loving God allow people to go to Hell?
- CCC 1030 This state of definitive self-exclusion from communion with God and the blessed is called “hell.”
3. Will many go to Hell?
- Jesus often speaks of “Gehenna” of “the unquenchable fire” reserved for those who to the end of their lives refuse to believe and be converted, where both soul and body can be lost.614 Jesus solemnly proclaims that he “will send his angels, and they will gather . . . all evil doers, and throw them into the furnace of fire,”615 and that he will pronounce the condemnation: “Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire!”616
Living the Truth
How can we live without fear of Hell?
Hosted by Casey Truelove and Cristobal Almanza
Feedback Line Number:
(512) 200-ACNM (2266)
Ambient-M (2003) (Antony Raijekov) / CC BY-NC 2.5
Dresseur de Lions (Digi G’Alessio) / CC BY-NC-ND 3.0
Peeks (Everlone) / CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
Lover of My Soul (Soundwave)
I Am a Man Who Will Fight for Your Honor (Chris Zabriskie) / CC BY 3.0
The Everlasting Itch For Things Remote (Gillicuddy) / CC BY-NC 3.0
Jupiter The Blue (Gillicuddy) / CC BY-NC 3.0