ATX Catholic is dedicated to bringing the good news of Jesus Christ into the world through engaging new and social media, with particular focus on Catholics in the Diocese of Austin.
Goals and Mission
- Create – Develop new media projects that will entertain, catechize, and evangelize.
- Network – Connect Christian Catholics and collaborate on new and existing media projects in the Central Texas area.
- Educate –Provide education, support, and consultation for using new media for ministry and evangelization.
- Promote – Feature what Catholics are doing with new media and in the local church.
- Serve –Serve the Church and spread her message of God’s love and mercy. We submit to the authority of the Magisterium and our local Bishop to ensure our message is faithful and orthodox.
ATX Catholic Prayer
We thank You for the blessing of technology. Direct our thoughts and actions only to glorify Your name through the Internet, and we ask for mercy for the abuses and wrongs against You through any form of technology all over the world.
Bless our mission and guide the Church to communicate Your Gospel effectively to our generation. Strengthen us, Your missionaries, with virtue, and fill us with Your Spirit to radiate Your light in the darkness. Through Christ our Lord,
Our Lady of Guadalupe, Pray for us. Blessed John Paul II, Pray for us.
Venerable Fulton Sheen, Pray for us.
Our Lady of Guadalupe, Saint John Paul II, and Venerable Fulton Sheen
ATX Catholic (Austin Catholic New Media) is incorporated as a non-profit in the state of Texas.
Donations are tax-deductible. Please prayerfully consider supporting our mission.
Original photo of St Mary Cathedral Sanctuary ceiling by Arlen Nydam.
All content posted on this site is copyright of ATX Catholic unless credited otherwise. All links and partners are indirectly affiliated with ATX Catholic and do not necessarily express the views of this group.
We work to support the local church in the Diocese of Austin, but ATX Catholic does not directly represent or speak for Bishop Joe Vásquez and/or the Diocese of Austin.