Vitae Clinic Open House:
WHEN: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Vitae Clinic, Jefferson Building, 1600 W. 38th Street, Suite 115
WHAT: Vitae Clinic’s Open House. Meet Jeremy Kalamarides, D.O., and his staff. Tours given every 30 minutes
WHY: Celebrate the Vitae Clinic one-year anniversary in Austin. The Vitae Clinic offers women a choice in their medical care that is in full compliance with the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic health care services. They encourage the use of world-class, holistic methods of fertility appreciation for family planning. Their services include complete obstetrical care, routine gynecological services, well woman care and the cooperative treatment of infertility. For more information: www.vitaeaustin.com, 512-458-6060
Arise Production Ministry Presents Suite 709, live at the St. Thomas More Parish Activity Center
- Friday October 14
- Open to adults 21+
- Tickets are $10 presold and $12 at the door
- Check it out at arise-ministry.com… also check out Suite709 at www.unlocksuite709.com
Sarah’s Hope: Fertility and Recurrent Miscarriage Support
- A couples retreat for those struggling to conceive and / or carry, that will feature several talks and activities along with a healing Mass and reconciliation
- Saturday, Oct. 15, 2011 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Schoenstatt Shrine, located at 225 Addie Roy Road
- Contact SarahsHopeAustin@gmail.com to register!
- On Saturday October 15th, Austin will celebrate the 94th Anniversary of Fatima during the 5th Annual Public Square Rosary. This peaceful rally that will unite over 100,000 American Catholics in 7000 locations nationwide pray the Rosary for our Nation. In 1917, Our Lady of Fatima appeared in Portugal, said “My Immaculate Heart will be your refuge and the way that will lead you to God.” The Mother of God asked us to pray the Rosary, do penance, amend our lives for the conversion of sinners and for world peace. The morning will begin with Mass at 9:30 A.M. at St. Mary’s Cathedral. After Mass, a procession will lead to the Capitol. The Rosary Rally will be begin at 11:30 A.M. on the sidewalk and grass area on Congress Avenue. Bring a Rosary and blanket to sit on. All are welcome to attend- For more information, contact David and Pat Koch: 512-255-0645.
Restore, Renew & Reclaim: Understanding the Church’s Stance on Contraception
- Wednesdays, October 12, 19 and 26 · 7:00pm – 8:30pm
St. John Neumann Catholic Church
St. Timothy Room
5455 Bee Cave Rd.
- Questioning the Church’s stance on contraception? Curious as to what the Church’s stance even is? The St. John Neumann parish Culture of Life Committee is sponsoring a series on the Church’s stance on contraception. This exciting and relevant topic promises to be interesting for all.
The discussions will take place over a series of three evenings highlighting of Church teachings, held at 7 p.m. on Oct. 12, 19 and 26 in the St. Timothy Room.
Part 1 explores the history of the Church’s teachings — “Restoring” the communion of Faith and Reason.
Part 2 reveals the beauty of Catholic sexual theology — “Renewing” the dignity of Human Sexuality.
Part 3 defends the Church’s position — “Reclaiming” the Church’s moral authority.
- A follow-up session will be held Nov. 9 at 7 p.m. to learn about the three methods of Natural Family Planning!
Cari Worley Henry, MD, has been an SJN parishioner for 26 years. She is a Family Physician and serves as the secretary for the Catholic Physicians Guild of Central Texas. Her interests lie in combining medicine and theology and is currently working toward her Theology of the Body certification from the Institute in Pennsylvania.
Feedback Line Number:
(512) 200-ACNM (2266)