- Governor Perry running for President? WSJ – Jason
- Speaking of Governor Perry, in the special session of the Texas Legislature, lawmakers have been considering a bill that would ban TSA pat downs that are over invasive and often include the touching of “private parts.” While the bill is not going to pass, the TSA got renewed criticism over the weekend when they asked a 95 year old woman to remove her adult diaper during a security screening. (http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/mother-41324-search-adult.html). Now, I understand the need for security but, at some point, do these types of searches actually represent an affront against human dignity?
- NY bishops say gay marriage law will undermine families –
- Pope launches Vatican news portal on June 28th – Cristina
- Vatican News is here! http://www.news.va/
- Pope Benedict tweets for the first time. “Dear Friends, I just launched News.va Praised be our Lord Jesus Christ! With my prayers and blessings, Benedictus XVI” -Cristina
- Google+ – Google’s “new” answer to Facebook – Jason http://mashable.com/2011/06/28/google-plus/
- Theology of the Body Study Series for young adults – Freedom to Love
- Thu, Jul 07, 2011 07:00 PM
- Emmaus Parish
- Theology on Tap – Jason
- Seventy-seven Times
- Christ challenges us when he tells Peter that he must forgive his brother “not seven times but seventy-seven times.” How can we apply Christ’s teachings to our own experiences as young adults in relationship with others? What does this mean for our relationship with the Church?
- Bishop Joe Vásquez will be sharing with us his reflections on forgiveness and reconciliation at Theology on Tap on July 5, 2011. Join us on the patio at Fado Irish Pub at 6 pm for music from The Sound of Substance, and Bishop’s presentation at 7 pm.
- Our Mother of Sorrows Parish in Burnet will host a huge garage sale Friday, July 15th and 16th, 8AM to 3PM in the Religious Education building. Go to austindiocese.org for more information.
- Want to be in our ACNM directory? A great source to use to network talent with your needs. Need a speaker for a talk? A musician for an event? This will be a great source to use. http://www.austincnm.com/index.php/directory/submit-listing/
- in Texas six episcopalian parishes become catholic – http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/homepage/the-vatican/detail/articolo/episcopaliani-anglicani-sacerdozio-alle-donne-ordinariati-1825/
- Stephen Colbert and Jack White
- Power your laptop by typing?! As the world begins shift to tablet computing, do we file this one under the “day late and a dollar short tab?”
- iPod tours are now available at the Basilica of St. John Lateran in Rome (Cristina).
NEW!! Feedback Line Number:
(512) 200-ACNM (2266)