A Very Happy Easter to all of our listeners…
Segment #1 – Current Events – Chris
- There be Dragons Movie Trailer… releases May 6
- President Obama Releases his official birth certificate
- The Royal Wedding is coming up as Prince William marries Kate Middleton… guests will include…David and Victoria Beckam, Sir Elton John, heads of state like the Sultans of Brunei and Oman… is it a sleight that the Obama’s were not included? On a scale of 1 to 10, what’s your interest in the Royal wedding? Do you think that the festivities of the Royal wedding will greatly impact the coverage given to the beatification of JP II, or do you think that there won’t be any great effect?
- Baby Joseph back home in Canada… breathing on his own … great work by Fr. Frank Pavone of “Priests for Life.” Another link to story.
Segment #2 – Church News – Jason
- Beatification of Pope John Paul 2 process
- The Catholic cable network EWTN will provide extensive coverage:
- Saturday, April 30, 12:30 p.m. Central: Live from the Circus Maximus, a vigil organized by the diocese of Rome
- Sunday, May 1, begin coverage of mass at 1:30 a.m. Central: Beatification of Pope John Paul II
- Monday, May 2, 3:30 a.m. Central: Mass of Thanksgiving in Honor of the Beatification of Pope John Paul II
- Cable neworks Fox News Channel, CNN and MSNBC plan to start live coverage of the Sunday mass at 3 a.m. central.
- Angels in the Outfield – Charity Softball Game
- Theology on Tap
- Topic: The New Evangelization
- Presenter: Chris Bartlett
- Location: Plucker’s (Round Rock
- At Theology on Tap on Thursday, May 5, Chris Bartlett will share with us how the meaning behind the New Evangelization expresses Pope John Paul II’s desires for the Young Church today. Join us at Plucker’s in Round Rock at 6 pm for live music and 7 pm for Chris’s presentation.
- Chris Bartlett is the director of Youth, Young Adult, and Campus Ministry for the Diocese of Austin. A graduate of Franciscan University, he is currently working on a master’s degree in theology at St. Mary’s San Antonio. He lives in Pflugerville with his wife, Kendra, and their two young daughters, and battles a crippling addiction to video games.
- Vatican will Host First-Ever Blogging Conference, May 2
- List of 150 names released
- Father Roderick – SQPN
- Lisa Hendey – CatholicMom.com
- Thomas Peters – AmericanPapist.com
- Father Z – wdtprs.com
Segment #3 – Wildcard – Cristina
- Jason, We just celebrated Easter, do you have any traditions you do with your family during Easter? Why has this become a tradition?
- Chris, did you introduce the Easter Bunny to your kids? If so, who is the “Easter Bunny” in your family. If not, why not?
- Jason, Today had the most tornado’s in history. We are getting into severe weather season, especially with all of the severe weather going on in the deep south, what is the most severe weather you have encountered?
- Chris, The Royal wedding is on Friday and I like to see different wedding traditions. Austin can be weird, what is the weirdest wedding tradition you have seen?
- Jason and Chris, Did you know Pope John Paul 2 will be listed in the Guiness Book of Records.
- “During his pontificate, John Paul II, quickly broke all the records set by his predecessors. just a few months after being elected Pope, he was nicknamed Hurricane Wojtyla. He visited 129 countries. He made 104 trips abroad and another 146 within Italy. He traveled over 1,200,000 kilometers, which is more than three times the distance from Earth to the Moon or the equivalent of going around the world 30 times.”
- Did you ever have an opportunity to see him in person?
NEW!! Feedback Line Number:
(512) 200-ACNM (2266)
Everyone’s Twitter handles
Subscribe in a reader