There is no shortage of great content (Catholic or not) out there on the Internet. According to a 2012 survey, there are an estimated 42,000,000 blogs in the US. 329 million people view a blog monthly totaling well over 25 billion page views. Each day there are more than 500,000 daily posts and 400,000 daily comments.
This is just one of those posts. Kinda puts it into perspective, huh?
I think I could go on forever about the best articles and blogs out there, so I’ve selected the top 5 blogs I’m reading at this moment in time. (Disclaimer: Ask me about my Top 5 next week and it will most likely have changed – I’m discovering great stuff out there every day!)
- Matthew Warner’s The Radical Life. We talked about his blog at our last quarterly meet up. His posts are simple, published once a week, and echo what we probably need to hear more often about how we view life.
- Any of the contributors on National Catholic Register. They are all legit. Check them out, you won’t regret it.
- The Aggie Catholic Blog. Sic ’em Aggies. While I’m a proud Baylor gal, I love seeing what’s posted over at St. Mary’s in College Station. Some posts I’ve really enjoyed are “Top 10 Reasons Why Women Dress Modestly” and likewise, “Top 10 Reason Why Men Should Practice Custody of The Eyes”. Of course, it’s not all serious, from time to time you’ll find the ocassional entertaining video, movie and book reviews and updates on our Aggie Catholic friends.
- Live Action News. If you’ll let me stretch the definition of a “blog” a bit, I really like the collection of pro-life news found on Live Action. Lila Rose founded Live Action at age 15 and covers any and all issues pertaining to the battle to preserve the sanctity of life.
- Jennifer Fulwiler’s Conversion Diary. I was able to hear Jennifer’s story at an event at St. William and have been really inspired by her conversion experience. My favorite part is 7 Quick Takes Friday where readers submit their own seven “highlights” from their week to be linked up with other participants. And if you ever find yourself on YouTube with some time to kill, Net TV in New York, filmed a three-episode reality TV series about her life.
- Ragan’s PR Daily. You read the title correctly, this one falls into the category of “industry” news but still has good tidbits on social media, communications strategy and marketing bits. It’s good to do a little research here and there to find out what is the most effective methods and best tools to bolster the efforts of the New Evangelization.
What about you? What’s bookmarked for your daily blog read? And, if you have a blog, no matter the subject let us know in the comments! (We’ll call it a no-shame-in-promoting opportunity) I’m looking for more things to add to my list of daily reads!