- Lots of news
- Colorado Shootings
- Story of Pierce O’Ferrell http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=278838
- Miracle story. http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/24/us/colorado-theater-shooting-survivor/index.html?hpt=hp_c1
- Pope’s reaction to the shooting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzTEDD6KyBI
- Christian Bale visits an Aurora Victim, Carey Rottman.
- Colorado Shootings
The Year of Faith
Join us on Wednesday, August 1st at Theology on Tap, where Alison Tate, Director of the Office of Youth, Young Adult and Campus Ministry for the Diocese of Austin will discuss the Year of Faith. According to the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops website (www.usccb.org), “the upcoming Year of Faith is an opportunity for every Catholic to turn towards Jesus Christ, encounter him in the Sacraments, especially the Eucharist and rediscover the Faith and Church.” We will gather at Nuevo Leon (1501 East 6th Street, Austin, TX 78702) at 6 p.m. for live music, and the presentation at 7 p.m.
Sarah’s Hope is a free spiritual support program for any couple struggling with fertility problems or pregnancy loss. The next women’s support group meeting is Aug. 1; the rosary will be prayed begin at 6:45 p.m. and discussion will follow at the Vitae Clinic in located in Austin at 1600 W. 38th St., suite 115. For questions or to sign up, contact SarahsHopeAustin@gmail.com or (512) 736-7334. Sarah’s Hope is not a ministry of the Austin Diocese.
Married couples who are looking for a getaway and time to reconnect with one another are invited to a Worldwide Marriage Encounter Aug. 3-5 at Cedarbrake Catholic Retreat Center in Belton. The weekend begins Friday at 7:30 p.m. and ends Sunday around 4 p.m. This is an opportunity for husbands and wives to escape the daily distractions of life and focus on each other. For more information or to apply to attend, contact Anh and Greg Thomas at (512) 677-WWME (9963) or email@example.com.
- Join us August 3-5 for a weekend of renewal, fellowship, and support created specifically for those who minister to youth (and their spouses) in the Diocese of Austin. Presenter, campus minister, counselor, and author Roy Petitfils will share with us training tips on how to enrich our own relationships while thriving as a youth minister, and how to balance it all as we take part in the amazing race of ministry with youth! We’ll be at Eagle’s Wings in Burnet, TX. This retreat is open to all who work with youth (youth ministers, youthdirectors, youth coordinators, volunteers, catechists, etc.). The cost is $80 for one person or $150 for married couples. If you have any questions, contact Adrian Sanchez at 512.949.2464 or adrian-sanchez@ austindiocese.org
- Love at first sight…http://www.wimp.com/gooseman/
- Toothless “Vampire” Skeleton Unearthed in Bulgaria
- Olympics Underway…. or Puzzle piece.
Feedback Line Number:
(512) 200-ACNM (2266)
We would appreciate positive reviews on itunes.
Donations button is back!