- iPad 3 – Cool? Underwhelming? Should new Apple CEO Tim Cook have gone for a splash, or is a new iPad, good enough?
- Solar Storm’s a comin’!
- Silver Ring Thing Interview
- Kim Speirs the JP2 Life Center’s New Executive Director
- Human Dignity at the End of Life” is the theme for the March 23-24, 2012 Converging Roads conference in San Antonio, jointly sponsored by Assumption Seminary, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System, and HLI America. This event will feature Archbishop Gustavo Garcia-Siller, Dr. Janet Smith, and several other distinguished speakers. Participants will be better prepared to care for persons at the end of life by recognizing their dignity as persons; understanding their unique spiritual, emotional, physical, and legal needs as patients; examining and responding to ethical issues in their treatment; and becoming aware of resources which can offer comfort at the end of life. Continuing education credit is available for physicians, nurses, catechists, and other licensed professionals. Learn more about this important event and register at www.ConvergingRoads.com or call the seminary at (210) 734-5137.
- St. John Neumann Catholic Church will have their Dedication Mass on Saturday, March 17, at 3:00 p.m. They are located 5455 Bee Cave Road, Austin, Texas.
- A reception with dinner, live music and dancing immediately follows the Dedication Mass
- The Austin Prayer Vigil will be Mar. 17 at St. Catherine of Siena. Mass will begin at 7 a.m. Following Mass, Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will be in the church and a car caravan will travel to Planned Parenthood on East Ben White Blvd. where the Rosary will be prayed at the site from 8:20 – 9:50 a.m. Benediction will follow at St. Catherine of Siena at 10:30 a.m. Refreshments will be served at 10:40 a.m. All are invited to attend. For more information contact Bob Christiansen at (512) 255-8551.
- Catholic Underground has kicked off it’s 2012 Lenten Giving Campaign to support Catholic Underground and all of its works, including CatholiCon 2012 to be held in New Orleans during the weekend of September 14-15.
- To make this Giving Campaign successful we need your help. Our goal is to raise $15,000 so that we can continue the work we’ve been doing and create new initiatives that the Lord is calling us to do.
- To this end, we are asking if you would please lend your support to our endeavor by making mention on your blog, podcast, radio program, Facebook page, carrier pigeon, etc. of our Campaign and the URL where people can donate http://cucast.me/give2us
- Hackers crash the Vatican website http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/hackers-allegedly-crash-vatican-website/
- International Space Station holds Papal videoconference with outer space. http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/italian-astronaut-glimpsed-gods-beauty-while-in-space/
Feedback Line Number:
(512) 200-ACNM (2266)
Donations button is back!