Feedback from Phil
- Texas Rally for Life coverage and reports from
- Catholic Bishops and the HHS Mandate
- Letter from Bishop Vasquez: http://www.austindiocese.org/resources/general/4793.pdf
For more information and to contact your U.S. Reps: www.usccb.org/conscience
- Here’s a link to a white house petition page to rescind the HHS Mandate: https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/%21/petition/rescind-hhs-dept-mandate-requiring-catholic-employers-provide-contraceptivesabortifacients-their/lBxr7SdP?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl
- Novena Facebook Page Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/292426467479696/
- Pfizer Recalls 1M Birth Control Packs After Mixup
- Komen defunds Planned Parenthood http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/susan-g-komen-foundation-defunds-planned-parenthood/2012/01/31/gIQAACW0fQ_blog.html
- Donate to support http://thankskomen.com/
- Young Wives/Mothers Bible Study
- Young wives and mothers are invited to a bi-weekly Bible study on Mondays from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at St. John Neumann Parish in Austin. The next session is Monday, February 6. The study is based on “Reasons for Our Hope,” which goes through the Gospel of Luke. Child care will be offered for a fee. For more information, contact Jen Crowley at (512) 328-3220, ext. 121, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Men’s Discernment Dinner
- A Discernment Dinner for single, Catholic men (ages 18 and older) with an openness to a priestly vocation and discernment will be held Feb. 8 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Borromeo House in Austin. The evening includes dinner, prayer, and a presentation with discussion on topics such as the priesthood, seminary, prayer, discernment, and spiritual life. For more information, contact Father Brian McMaster at (512) 949-2405 or email@example.com.
- Project Miriam (Miriam means Mary in Hebrew)
- Want to know more about life as a religious sister/nun? Or are you maybe considering becoming a religious sister/nun? On Saturday, February 18, 2012 from 10am-12pm join other single, Catholic women (ages 16 – 45) seeking to learn from Mary’s joyful “yes” to God. The morning includes testimonials and prayer with religious sisters serving in the Diocese as well as Mass and lunch with Bishop Joe Vásquez. For more information, contact the Vocation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 949‐2430. For more info visit:www.austinvocations.com
- Courageous Screening
- The St. Thomas More Faith and Film Series, in conjunction with STM Couples of Faith will present the film Courageous on Friday, February 10 at 6:30p.m. in the Brennan auditorium. Exploring themes of fatherhood and honor in leading families, the film was widely acclaimed upon its release last year. Free child care is available with advance RSVP. To find out more, contact Chris Williston at email@example.com
- Sweetheart Dinner
- St. William Parish in Round Rock will host a Sweetheart Dinner and Dance Feb. 10 at the St. William Parish Hall. Doors will open at 6 p.m., with dinner from 6:30 to 8 p.m. and the dance from 8 p.m. until midnight. Music will be provided by Ruben Ramos. Advance tickets are $30 per person, which includes dinner. Tickets will be $35 per person at the door. For ticket information, call Julio Campos at (512) 635-4707, Gloria Vallejo at (512) 968-2197, or Bea Wills at (512) 600-8152.
- Austin American Statesman Social Media Awards
- It’s “change your password” day!
- McDonald’s gets ride of “pink slime” chemical in hamburgers:
- “Toilet texting” on the rise
- 12 Tips for Pooping with Smartphones by Matthew Warner
Feedback Line Number:
(512) 200-ACNM (2266)