46-acres, 130 artist and over 70,000 fans each day at this years ACL Music Festival will once again be “Keeping Austin Weird.” We are called to be disciples always. How might it be possible to evangelize while not missing your favorite band?
- Break out your favorite Catholic paraphernalia. Whether it’s the cool swag that your friends brought you back from World Youth Day or your tried and true Theology on Tap shirt. Wear your faith and show everyone that Catholics rock!
- Pray the Angelus – Do it at Noon or at 6pm or both! If you are with a group of friends or if you are taking in the festival solo, remember to make time for Our Lady.
- Pray before your meals – And don’t forget to pray for those who are making your festival food and the people working hard behind the scenes.
- Sent a good example – With over 70,000 fans each day things are bound to get tight. Show patience with your fellow music lovers and make sure they see Christ and not you.
- Invite your new friends to Mass – Saint Mary Cathedral in downtown Austin offers Mass times all weekend and even has Mass in the extraordinary form on Sunday at 3:30pm.
I invite everyone to add to this list in the comment box below. What fun and different ways can you think of to evangelize at this years ACL Fest?