- Rick Perry Faces Federal Lawsuit Over Day of Prayer
- Pope Benedict sends aid to victims that are suffering from the famine in the Horn of Africa.
- Institute of Medicine panel recommends that insurance companies be obligated to cover contraception, sterilization procedures without a copay
- July 24-30 is NFP Awareness Week in the Austin Diocese. There are a number of ways that you can be involved and learn more about NFP.
- The first is the Pro-Life Awareness Evening – A Pro-Life Awareness Evening will be held July 26 from 7 to 8 p.m. at St. Helen Parish in the St. Rita Activity Center in Georgetown. Greg Seidenbereger, Grand Knight of Council 3412 in Seguin, will discuss the impact sonograms have on women seeking abortions. This topic is relevant because of the recently passed bill that requires an ultrasound to be done prior to an abortion and provides for the patient to have the option to view the ultrasound. This law will go into effect this fall. Everyone is cordially invited. Refreshments will be served. This event is sponsored by St. Helen Pro-Life Committee and members of St. Elizabeth/Pflugerville, Santa Rosa/Andice, St. William/Round Rock and St. Patrick/Hutto Pro-Life Committees.
- Second is an infertility prayer service. If you or someone you know is struggling with infertility issues then this prayer service is for you. Wednesday, July 27, 6 p.m. St. Louis Catholic Parish Chapel 7601 Burnet Road, Austin
- Hispanic young adults are invited to Mass (in Spanish) July 29 at 9 p.m at Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish in Austin. Participants will pray the rosary beginning at 8:30 p.m. For more information contact Felix Garcia at (512) 665-3407 or Griselda Orocio at (979) 540-6363 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Sarah’s Hope: Fertility and Recurrent Miscarriage Support” and it is for couples struggling with fertility problems and pregnancy loss. It has a co-ed introductory retreat for couples followed by a monthly support group for women (and they are looking for a few men to lead a support group for the men as well) Contact them at: email@example.com
- Archbishop Chaput urges confidence in the Gospel as he goes the Philly (City of Botherly Love).
- French fries, fatty foods produce marijuana-like chemicals that trigger binge eating, study finds
- What we missed last week: Netflix angers customers with price hike…makes fans angry
- With offerings like “Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter” how can people possible complain?
- Miracle of Wife’s voice brings husband back after being declared dead for 20 minutes. http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/national/south/wifes-voice-brings-man-back-from-dead
NEW!! Feedback Line Number:
(512) 200-ACNM (2266)