Segment #1 – Current Events –
- Court allows prayer at High School graduation in Castroville, Texas. – Cristina
- Man lashes out at girlfriend via billboard for aborting his child
- Governor Perry’s Day of Prayer and Fasting — Jason
Segment #2 – Church News –
- The third annual Men’s Mass is on June 18 at 10 a.m. at St. Mary Cathedral in Austin. A reception in the Bishop’s Hall will follow the Mass.
- The Vocation Office and the St. Thomas More Parish Vocation Committee are co-sponsoring “Quo Vadis: A Retreat for Young Men,” June 25-26 at St. Thomas More Parish in Austin. Quo Vadis (Latin for “Where are you going?”) is designed to help young men in high school grow spiritually and allow them to think and pray about what God might be asking them to become. The retreat is for incoming freshmen to incoming seniors from throughout the Austin Diocese. The retreat is staffed by seminarians preparing for the priesthood. The cost is $25. For more information, contact the Vocation Office at (512) 949-2430 or e-mail the address linked below. vocations(at)austindiocese.org
- 1st Annual Corpus Christi Children’s Procession
- WHEN: Sunday, June 26, 2011
- TIME: 10:45 A.M. – 11:45 A.M.
- HOW: Exposition + Procession + Benediction
- WHERE: SAINT MARY CATHEDRAL to the TEXAS CAPITOL
- Worldwide Marriage Encounter- for married couples looking to getaway and time to reconnect with one another are invited on June 24-26 at St. Ignatius in Austin. The weekend will allow couples to escape the daily distractions of life and focus on each other. For more information or to register, contact Kenny and Anne Roberts at (512) 305-3450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Austin Pro-life Prayer Vigil, June 18th at San Jose. Mass will begin at 7 a.m. Following the Mass, Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will be in the church. A car caravan will travel to Planned Parenthood where the Mysteries of the Rosary will be prayed at the site from 8:20 – 9:50 a.m. Benediction will follow at San Jose Parish at 10:30 a.m. Refreshments will be served at 10:40 a.m. All are invited to attend. Call the Office of Pro-Life Activities and Chaste Living for more information at (512) 949-2486.
- A local reason to keep praying for vocations
- Saying Howdy to the Faith — http://www.ncregister.com/site/article/saying-howdy-to-the-faith/
Segment #3 – Wildcard –
- Do we remember only what we want to hear? http://foryourmarriage.org/june-9-2011/
- This week’s blatant example of original sin – Thieves steal handicapped dog’s wheelchair
- Alamo Drafthouse story in the UK Guardian!!
- Texas cinema has last laugh after filmgoer thrown out for texting. The Alamo Drafthouse in Austin uses voicemail diatribe from disgruntled texter in its anti-texting ad campaign
- Family Movie Night — Field of Vision
NEW!! Feedback Line Number:
(512) 200-ACNM (2266)
Everyone’s Twitter handles
Subscribe in a reader