Segment #1 – Current Events –
- Apple today announced that Steve Jobs will indeed host the keynote for the company’s Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) next Monday in San Francisco. Aside from the expected focus on iOS 5 and Mac OS X Lion, Apple’s announcement also confirms that Jobs will introduce the company’s “iCloud” service.
- PepsiCo is ignoring criticism from pro-life advocates upset that the company contracts with a research firm that uses fetal cells from babies victimized by abortions to test and produce artificial flavor enhancers
- Vatican analyzes how to help AIDS Patients. http://www.romereports.com/palio/Vatican-analyzes-how-to-help-AIDS-patients-english-4256.html
- Teen boys in Fl, VA named “Prom Queen” at their high schools
Segment #2 – Church News –
- Saturday, June 11 – Bishop Joe Vásquez will ordain Deacons Ron Feather and John Paul Hudson to the priesthood June 11 at 10:30 a.m. at St. Mary Cathedral in Austin
- We will celebrate the third annual Men’s Mass on June 18 at 10 a.m. at St. Mary Cathedral in Austin. A reception in the Bishop’s Hall will follow the Mass.
- The Vocation Office and the St. Thomas More Parish Vocation Committee are co-sponsoring “Quo Vadis: A Retreat for Young Men,” June 25-26 at St. Thomas More Parish in Austin. Quo Vadis (Latin for “Where are you going?”) is designed to help young men in high school grow spiritually and allow them to think and pray about what God might be asking them to become. The retreat is for incoming freshmen to incoming seniors from throughout the Austin Diocese. The retreat is staffed by seminarians preparing for the priesthood. The cost is $25. For more information, contact the Vocation Office at (512) 949-2430or e-mail the address linked below. vocations(at)austindiocese.org
- Worldwide Marriage Encounter- for married couples looking to getaway and time to reconnect with one another are invited on June 24-26 at St. Ignatius in Austin. The weekend will allow couples to escape the daily distractions of life and focus on each other. For more information or to register, contact Kenny and Anne Roberts at (512) 305-3450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Austin Pro-life Prayer Vigil, June 18th at San Jose. Mass will begin at 7 a.m. Following the Mass, Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will be in the church. A car caravan will travel to Planned Parenthood where the Mysteries of the Rosary will be prayed at the site from 8:20 – 9:50 a.m. Benediction will follow at San Jose Parish at 10:30 a.m. Refreshments will be served at 10:40 a.m. All are invited to attend. Call the Office of Pro-Life Activities and Chaste Living for more information at (512) 949-2486.
Segment #3 – Wildcard –
- Taylor Swift may have had to fight label bosses to agree with her decision to give Christian rock group NEEDTOBREATHE an opening spot on her North American “Speak Now” tour that begins this weekend in Omaha, Neb.
- What Would You Do: Texas Style
- “Texas is ground zero for the disease” New tool to help diagnose Melanoma. http://www.kxan.com/dpp/health/a-new-tool-helps-fight-melanoma
- Miley Cyrus weighs in on the gay marriage debate. Wow…
NEW!! Feedback Line Number:
(512) 200-ACNM (2266)