- Joplin tornado, continued storms in the Midwest – Jason
- Cardial Tarcisio Bertone releases A message from the Holy Father.
- Pope receives papers for the cause to support the Sainthood of Archbishop Fulton Sheen. http://www.catholicsun.org/2011/may/25/sheen-cause.html
- Rapture-mania… rescheduled for October 21 (Audio sound byte in story if interested)
- What do we, as Catholics believe about the rapture?
- The idea of a rapture is one that is, in large part rooted in the text of the book of Revelation, where it talks about a period of 1,000 years of great trials and tribulations.
- Some Protestants believe that all Christians will be taken up to heaven before the 1,000 years and others believe that Christians will be taken up after the 1,000 year trial. This is a very bitter debate amongst differing Protestant groups.
- The Catholic church has dismissed this debate on the 1,000 year tribulation, dismissing it as “a deviation and a fable” at the Council of Ephesus as early as 431.
- So, what do we believe? As we say in the creed every week, we do believe that “Christ will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead.” Before that time, the Church will face persecution and various intellectual and spiritual challenges which seek to discredit her. But, one day an ultimate and final judgment of all souls will take place and Christ will restore the fullness of his kingdom in eternity.
Segment #2 – Church News –
- “Awaken Your Spirit” Retreat, Hosted by the Legion of Mary at St. Williams is June 11th at 10am through June 12th until 3pm at the Cedarbrake Retreat Center near Belton. All Catholic adults are welcome to attend. Contact Lynda Villasana at email@example.com for more information.
- Pastor Fr. Bud Roland of St. John Neuman is appointed to Roman Rota. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Rota
- Theology on Tap: Authentically Living Pro-Life
- Nuevo Leon
- 1501 E 6th St
- Austin, Texas
- “Pro-life” continues to be one of the more unsettling and divisive descriptions in our society. For some it describes a political platform, a movement, their fight against abortion or an effort to subject women to servitude. But what does it really mean to be pro-life? What does it mean for us as Catholic-Christians in our spiritual and community life? And how can we respond to Christ who tells us, “whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me” (Matthew 25:40)?
- At Theology on Tap on Wednesday, June 1, Marie Seale will share with us how our knowledge of being made in the image and likeness of God impacts our day to day reality and relationships and how it propels us to ask God how we might build a Culture of Life.
- Join us at 6 pm for live music and mingling and Marie’s presentation at 7 pm.
Segment #3 – Wildcard –
- Famed theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking finds no room for heaven in his vision of the cosmos.
- The Catholic Laboratory — http://www.catholiclab.net/TheCatholicLaboratory/Home.html
- RIP Randy Macho Man Savage – Jason
- What do you think of this sculpture of Blessed John Paul II?http://www.catholicsun.org/2011/may/25/jp2-statue.html
- Reaction from Italians in Rome.
- So, this week marked the end of a 20+ year run of The Oprah Winfrey Show, more recently known as Oprah. I have to know (especially from Jason) about your favorite Oprah memory.
- May 25th marked “National Planking Day.” Planking is a strange phenomenon in which people take pictures of themselves randomly suspend or laying in odd places. So, if youc could “plank anywhere” where would you plank?
NEW!! Feedback Line Number:
(512) 200-ACNM (2266)