Segment #1 – Current Events –
- Record Rain in Central Texas. http://www.kxan.com/dpp/weather/its-raining-its-pou ring
- Novena to St. Isidore the Farmer for more rain.
- The Texas House of Representatives approved a measure that would allow parents to opt their kids out of corporeal punishment if it’s allowed in their school district. (http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/politics/entries/2011/05/12/spanking_bill_approved_on_seco.html)
- What do you guys think about corporeal punishment in schools?
- Are you surprised to learn that some schools still have it?
- Google I/O Conference – This week Google holds their annual I/O Conference where they get to show off all the latest and greatest things coming out of Mountain View, California
- Android at Home – The possibility to control everything in your house via your Android device
- Google Music (Beta) – Which is Google version of a cloud music storage and player
- Chromebook – Samsung and Acer will be producing the new laptop running Google’s Chrome OS.
Segment #2 – Church News –
- L’Angelus performing at St. Williams in Round Rock, on May 14th at 7:00 with free admission.
- Transitional Deaconate Ordination will be at St. Williams in Round Rock, Saturday May 21 at 10:30am. Reception will be to follow to congratulate the four men ordained.
- Cristina – Texas Bishops express disappointment over House Bill 12 passed May 10th
- Egyptian Catholics Under Attack following unrest in that country
- Jason — New letter coming out Friday that deal with instruction on implementing Pope Benedict XVI’s authorization of wider use of the so-called Tridentine Mass.
- In 2007 Pope Benedict XVI approved a document that relaxed restrictions on celebrating the Latin Mass.
Segment #3 – Wildcard –
- Jason — Book Review – A Biblical Walk Through the Mass, http://guidetothemass.com/
- Author – Dr. Edward Sri
- Published by Ascension Press
- Maximus Group – http://maximusmg.com/
- Cristina – Two teens committed suicide last month, how can we become more aware if someone we love is being bullied? Why is suicide becoming more common?
- Chris – Earlier this week, on May 11, reportedly 1 in 5 Roman citizens called in sick to work or took a vacation to “flee Rome” in fear of a massive earthquake. They were responding, not to warnings from geologists or other scientists, but to a 1910 prediction made by “so called scientist Rafaelle Bendandi.
NEW!! Feedback Line Number:
(512) 200-ACNM (2266)
Everyone’s Twitter handles