Segment #1 – Current Events – Cristina
- Blessed John Paul II’s coffin has been moved to his final resting place in St. Sebastian’s chapel in St. Paul’s Basilica. 400,000 people visited the Basilica to pray before his tomb.
- Osama Bin Ladan is dead details on raid.
- Is this something to celebrate? Or do we need to pray more than ever?
- Mgr Mike’s Homily…
- Briefly mention “There Be Dragons” watch for showings at the Cinemark Tinseltown, in Pflugerville.
- Mothers Day is on Sunday May 8th. Happy Mothers’ Day!
Segment #2 – Church News – Chris
- Thursday, May 12 – Men’s Discernment Dinner – 7:00p.m. at the Borromeo House
For single, Catholic men (ages 18 and older). If you have an openness to the priestly vocation and discernment, then we encourage you to come on out to this evening. It will include dinner, prayer, a presentation on the priesthood, seminary, prayer and/or the spiritual life. For more info, contact Fr. Brian McMaster at 512-949-2405 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, May 12 – Annunciation Maternity Hosting it 9th Annual Hope Banquet at St. Helen’s Catholic Church in Georgetown. The evening will feature a silent auction, dinner and a program. Individual tickets are $35 and all proceeds will go to benefit this crisis pregnancy center. You can find out more by visiting www.thematernityhome.org/.
- Friday, May 13 – St. Thomas More Couples of Faith is hosting its annual Marriage Blessing Ceremony at 7:00p.m. This is a great opportunity to renew your marriage vows and re-commit to living out your vocation in the sacrament of marriage. Free childcare is also available. If you interested in being a part of the Marriage Blessing Ceremony, please contact me, Chris Williston, at email@example.com, and I will send you all of the details.
- May 15 – Angels in the Outfield Charity Soft Ball Game – Priest vs. Youth at the Dell Diamond
Doors open at 1:30, with the game starting at 2:00.
Tickets are $10 for individuals and $30 for the whole family
- Please come out and enjoy L’Angelus a featured band at World Youth Day 2011!
Catholic Family Dance
St. William Catholic Church, Round Rock
Sat. May 14th at 7pm
Featuring L’Angelus Cajun Band
http://budurl.com/parishdance (a link to the Facebook event can be found at this event webpage) For more info: Allen @ 512-657-5449
- One topic for discussion: Why do Catholics leave the church?
A recent survey by the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religion and public life said this:
71% of fallen away Catholics said their needs were not being met in the Catholic Church
70% said that they “found a religion they liked more”
Of those who went to another religion, 81% said they joined their new church because they enjoy the religious service and style of worship of their new faith
The data found, overwhelmingly, that those who left the church because of style, rather than substance, in that they didn’t cite specific theological concerns.
Segment #3 – Wildcard – Jason
- Austin Catholic New Media Meet-Up reactions?
- Play short clip of Dan’s Talk
- Cristina what did you think of the meet-up and Dan’s talk?
- Chris same question
- Are relics weird? Melissa and I were watching the Beatification and the question of why they had Blessed Pope John Paul II’s blood came up.
- Super-Traditional Catholic Pick-up Lines…
- Catholic Pick-up line song
- What’s the best/worst or most outrageous pickup line you ever heard or used?
NEW!! Feedback Line Number:
(512) 200-ACNM (2266)
Everyone’s Twitter handles