Segment #1 – Current Events – Cristina
- Briefly mention Benedict XVI calls for peace in Libya and Ivory Coast during the General Audience on April 6th.
“Violence and hate is always a lost cause! I therefore make a renewed and heartfelt appeal to all parties to the cause to initiate a process of peacemaking and dialogue, and to avoid further bloodshed.”
“I follow with great apprehension the dramatic events that the populations of the Ivory Coast and Libya are experiencing in these days. Furthermore, I hope that Cardinal Turkson, whom I have commissioned to visit the Ivory Coast to demonstrate my solidarity, may soon be able to enter the country.”http://www.romereports.com/palio/Benedict-XVI-calls-for-peace-in-Libya-and-Ivory-Coast-english-3834.html
- Texas Catholic Advocacy Day, April 6. Catholic Advocacy Day at the Capital
- APD officers will test body cameras for the first time.
Segment #2 – Church News – Chris
Thu, Apr 14, 2011 07:15 AM
The men of the Austin Diocese are invited to a monthly prayer breakfast held on the second Thursday of each month at the diocesan Pastoral Center in Austin from 7:15 to 8:30 a.m.
Those who wish to attend should contact Ken Ciani at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 469-0100.
- We all know that we are going to die some day, and as Catholics we are always preparing for that day. What happens once that day comes?
Fr Daniel Liu will give some insight on heaven, hell purgatory and the resurrection of the body.
Join us on Friday April 15th at St Vincent de Paul in the portable buildings near the main building.
Sat, Apr 16, 2011 09:00 AM
“The Seven Steps of Women’s Spirituality,” a retreat for women, will be held April 16 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Father Deane’s Hall at Santa Cruz Parish in Buda. Dominican Sister Helen Marie Raycraft will present the retreat. The registration fee is $20, which includes materials and lunch. For more information, contact Linda Ables at (512) 295-5451.
- Bishop Sheehan Pastoral Letter on Cohabitation
Segment #3 – Wildcard – Jason
- Lady Gaga godmother to Elton John’s son
- San Antonio woman seeks Catholic ordination
- Norma Jean Coon — Catholic Underground #158 – http://www.catholicunderground.com/2011/04/cu-episode-158-anything-you-can-stream-i-can-stream-better/
- Congratulations to the Lady Aggies your 2011 NCAA Women’s Basketball Champs!
- Erica Noble – TOT
Everyone’s Twitter handles