Segment #1 – Current Events – Chris
- Pope Exonerates Jews for the Crucifixion, Says that Christianity should not be used to justify violent political movements
- http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1100846.htm (more on the subject)
- Vatican II proclaimed the same thing in Nostra Aetate, In this Age 1965: Even though the Jewish authorities and those who followed their lead pressed for the death of Christ (cf. John 19:6), neither all Jews indiscriminately at that time, nor Jews today, can be charged with the crimes committed during his passion. lt. is true that the Church is the new people of God, yet the Jews should not be spoken of as rejected or accursed as if this followed from holy Scripture. Consequently, all must take care, lest in catechizing or in preaching the Word of God, they teach anything which is not in accord with the truth of the Gospel message or the spirit of Christ.
- Illinois governor signs bill ending death penalty in the state
- Charlie Sheen – Celebrity gossip and the objectification of celebrities
Segment #2 – Church News – Jason
- Bishop Joe Vasquez Anniversary for the Austin Diocese- Installed March 8, 2010
- Pro-Life Gala – March 26th with Sally Winn the Vice President of Feminists for Life. Ms. Winn is going to be the keynote speaker at the Diocese of Austin Pro-Life Benefit Gala on Saturday, March 26th, at the Westin Austin in the Domain.
- Jesus of Nazareth: Holy Week – From the Entrance into Jerusalem to the Resurrection – The Vatican Press Office will formally release Pope Benedict XVI’s second volume on Christ’s earthly life on March 10
- Dinner Discussions for 20- and 30-somethings of St. John Neumann parish
- Friday, Mar 18, 2011 (7:00 PM) at Gumbo’s of Westlake, 3600 N. Capital of Texas Hwy, Austin, TX
- Working Lent Podcast, St. Austin’s
- Catholic New Media Promotion Day is March 15. Go “like” the page and get involved: http://tinyurl.com/4lk763n
Segment #3 – Wildcard – Cristina
- Did you notice how many Catholics showed up for Ash Wednesday Mass? Many left after receiving ashes, or before Mass ended. How can we reach out to them?
- What is the most memorable sacrifice you have heard of someone giving up or taking on for Lent?
- What would you suggest to someone listening to get the most out of their Lent?