- Our show is now on Stitcher! Listen to us on your iPhone, Android Phone, Kindle Fire and other devices with Stitcher. Stitcher is Smart Radio for Your phone. Find it in your app store or at stitcher.com Stitcher SmartRadio- The Smarter Way to listen to radio – http://stitcher.com/listen.php
- Father’s Day – What was your gift Jason?
- Chris got a Nook color from his cool wife… transition into Microsoft Tablet computer discussion?
- Five questions that still need answers…http://gizmodo.com/5919438/5-microsoft-surface-questions-that-still-need-answers
What’s My Faith Got to do With Public Life? Every day we are inundated by information; information about upcoming elections, religious liberty and public policy. What does the church teach us about these things? How do we form our consciences about the issues that these topics present?
Join us on Thursday, July 5th at Theology on Tap, where Barbara Budde, Director of the Office of Social Concerns for the Diocese of Austin will address living out our faith in our approach to these issues. We will gather on the patio at Fado Irish Pub (214W 4th Street, Austin, TX 78701) at 6 p.m. for live music, and the presentation at 7 p.m.
Crossroads: Taking steps to save lives http://www.crossroadswalk.com/Schedule/SouthernWalk.asp
- Vatican set to control new ‘catholic’ Internet domain
- Forthnight for Freedom
- Prayer for the Protection of Religious Liberty http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/religious-liberty/fortnight-for-freedom/index.cfm
- Fortnight for Freedom video http://www.catholicvote.org/index.php?/site/eu_roadblock/
- Bishop Audio
- In the Diocese of Austin, special events and Masses will be planned and carried out locally according to the circumstances of our parishes. Pastors will find various ways to work this observance into the programming in their parishes. All parishes are invited and encouraged to participate. Suggestions for how your parish can get involved, such as offering a Holy Hour for Religious Liberty, can be found at www.austindiocese.org/fortnightforfreedom. The diocese will not be holding an diocesan-wide special events or Masses, due to the significant travel distances involved. However, as part of the Fortnight for Freedom, Bishop Joe Vásquez will celebrate Mass on Sunday, July 1 at noon at St. Mary Cathedral in downtown Austin. His homily will focus on religious freedom. All are invited to attend.
- Interview with Jordan Rojas http://epistolamea.blogspot.com/
- Study: Men’s Porn Habits Hurt Women’s Self-Esteem
- Adele’s song “Rolling in the Deep” wakes a British girl from a coma. http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/19/12300369-adele-song-rolling-in-the-deep-wakes-british-girl-from-coma?lite
- Adidas cancels ‘shackle’ shoes after outcry
Feedback Line Number:
(512) 200-ACNM (2266)
Donations button is back!