This audio is from the first panel at the ATX Catholic Day of Reflection 2016 at Our Lady of Schoenstatt Shrine in Austin, TX on April 30, 2016.
Moderator: Rachel Gardner
Panelist: Trenton Hendrichson, Lindsay Wilcox, and Brandon Kraft
Panel 1 – Mercy and Technology
- What does the Jubilee of Mercy mean to you?
- Have you seen any examples of mercy online?Social media can draw out the worst of humanity and easily make others the enemy. What do you see that encourages such animosity?
- Where can mercy be shown through technology? In what ways / opportunities?
- Sometimes our digital versions of other people’s lives plants seeds of jealousy in our hearts. How have you overcome this?
- What do you see as the biggest loss in digital communication? Loss of eye contact, facial expressions, another’s company, or something else?
- One of the spiritual works of mercy is to counsel the doubtful and instruct the ignorant. Can you share an experience where you tried this online and whether it was successful or unsuccessful?
- Social Justice issues have received more attention by media in recent times. How can we use this as an opportunity?