- New New iPad…huh?
- Obama: If I Win, It Will Be Because GOP Alienated Latinos
- Facebook promotion…huge results for 2GGCP.
- Ralph Martin, a Catholic evangelizer and apologist, will be speaking at St. Williams in Round Rock, on November 4 & 5 at 7 p.m. He will be speaking about the New Evangelization on November 4. On November 5 he will speak on the topic “We are in a War- how to protect ourselves and our families and how to take the offensive. Purchase Tickets Online or in person by visiting the church office. For more information, contact Ana-Cristina Gonzalez at 512-600-8179. Go to the Flyer to learn more. – Print the event flyer
- WilCoYA Ministry is hosting an All Saints Festival, which an alternative to the secularized Halloween. The festival of Saints is open to the entire diocese and will take place at St. William Catholic Church in the Parish Hall on Saturday, October 27th after the 5pm Mass. The festival features free children’s games and a saint costume contest. Admission is $2/person. Hot dogs, pizza, and snacks are available for purchase. Join the fun and dress up as your favorite saint for the Saint Parade/contest, Games and Family Fun. For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Well is a young adult ministry of Saint John Neumann. The first Friday of each month we gather around the sacred Eucharist (in the St. Timothy Room) to praise, worship, build community and most importantly grow in a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ. Afterwords we will gather at The Lion and Rose for drinks and socializing. The Well is where Christs thirst for us meets our thirst for him. We hope you can join us. Located at 5455 Bee Cave Road, Austin, Texas 78746 Saint John Nueman Parish (in the saint Timothy Room). The Well’s featured speaker for November will be Deacon Joseph Rodriguez. Deacon Joseph serves as a Chaplain Assistant for the US Army. He will be sharing with us some of the unique challenges and opportunities that have come with this important placement.
- SUNDAY, October 21, 2012/ There will be 7 New Saints that will be Canonized at the Vatican, Rome. Here are the would-be Saints: (pls SHARE)
1. Bl. ANNA SCHAFFER, a lay German woman who wanted to be a missionary, but could not because of a succession of physical accidents and diseases. She accepted her infirmity as a way of sanctification. Her grave has been a pilgrimage site since her death in 1925.
2. Bl. KATERI TEKAKWITHA, daughter of a Christian Algonquin mother and a Mohawk father in upstate New York, will become the first Native American to be canonized. She was baptized by a Jesuit missionary in 1676 when she was 20, and she died in Canada four years later.
3. Bl. MARIANNE COPE of Molokai led a group of sisters from New York to the Hawaiian Islands in 1883 to establish a system of nursing care for leprosy patients;
4. Bl. CARMEN SALLES Y BARANGUERAS, the Spanish founder of the Sisters of the Immaculate Conception. She worked with disadvantaged girls and prostitutes and saw that early education was essential for helping young women. She died in 1911.
5. Bl. GIOVANNI BATTISTA PIAMARTA, an Italian priest and founder of the Congregation of the Holy Family of Nazareth for men and the Humble Servants of the Lord for women. He died in 1913.
6. Bl. JACQUES BERTHIEU, Jesuit priest, who was born in Polminhac, France, and was martyred June 8, 1896, in Ambiatibe, Madagascar.
7. Bl. PEDRO CALUNGSOD, a lay catechist born in Cebu, Philippines, and martyred April 2, 1672, in Guam.
- The Envy
- Dead Brazilian is guest at own wake
- Texas mom sets breast milk record
Feedback Line Number:
(512) 200-ACNM (2266)
We would appreciate positive reviews on itunes.
Donations button is back!